Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 75: The Truth Will Stand

Luke 11

 14 Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed. 15 But some of them said, “By Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons.” 16 Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven.
 17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebul. 19 Now if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your followers drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

So, I just got home from the debate between Kyle Butt, renowned Christian apologetics scholar, and Blair Scott, renowned atheist. It was... faith affirming.

There are a few things that I was reminded of tonight. 1. My faith is based on truth and reason. 2. I have studied and continue to study the issues to the best of my ability, and my faith stands. 3. God's commands for my life always, always turn out for the best. Every time If he says it, it works. If infallible wisdom isn't proof, I don't know what is.

What does this have to do with these verses? It seems to me that what Jesus is saying here is that the truth will come out in the wash. People will deny it, defile it, and try to crush it. They'll even look right at the truth and attribute it to a lie. But in the end, the truth stands. Always. And that is worthy of my praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment