Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 85: What Do Your Whispers Say About You?

Luke 12

 1 Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 3 What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
Yowza. I read this scripture, and I won't lie. My heart pretty much sunk into my stomach. 

What if everything I "whispered in the ear" this very day was published in the newspaper tomorrow? That is, in fact, a general rule in the PR world... never write an email for your business/organization that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the paper, because it could happen.

Jesus says it will happen. Every secret thing is going to come to light, and the things we've said "secretly" will be proclaimed from the roofs. That, my friends, is a scary, scary thought. And it makes it want to change everything about my life. I don't have a lot to add to this scripture... it speaks for itself. It's a matter of acting on the knowledge that, one day, I'll be held accountable for every careless word I've spoken. 

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have a lot of praying and changing to do.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment